Flabby Upper Arms? Try Chair Dips
Toning upper arms is one of the quickest and easiest ways to reverse the appearance of aging . One of the best exercises to tighten up those flabby upper arms is the bench dip. Because this series of exercises are for beginners and one of the requirements was to find work out routines that can be done in the comfort of your own home with little or no additional equipment other than what can be found around the house we have substituted using a bench with a simple straight back chair.
Here are the steps:
- Begin by sitting on the edge of a chair.
- Lay your hands on the chair next to your bottom and grab the edge.
- Feet flat on the floor 2 feet in front of you knees bent.
- Lift off the chair so you are supported by your arms and hands.
- Bend elbows, dropping (dipping) your body towards the floor. Dip as far as you feel comfortable.
- Push back up, squeezing the muscles in the back of the arms.
- You want to maintain a position with your back as close to the chair as possible to reduce shoulder strain.
My suggestion is to start out doing as many as you can in one minute. Try to work yourself up to 3 one minute repetitions 3 times a week, you’ll be amazed at the results in a month or so, the triceps respond to resistance training fairly fast.